Freedom Institute Spring Gala
Freedom Institute is a nonprofit recovery center dedicated to substance abuse prevention, education, and treatment. Founded in 1976, Freedom Institute sought out Bowen & Company to refresh and reinvigorate this annual Gala fundraiser that pays tribute to individuals and organizations that have made significant contributions to the field, bestowing the Mona Mansell Award, named after Freedom Institute’s visionary founder. The Gala is now their largest annual fundraiser.
- Created a platform to highlight Freedom’s programs that serve the whole family, especially adolescents and young adults, by integrating message into Gala theme, collaterals, scripting, and entertainment.
- Added young voices to the program, including guest speakers and performing artists, with inspiring stories and connections to the recovery community.
- Established a committed leadership committee of Gala Co-Chairs and engaged them in the fundraising process, building an early solicitation campaign that generates over 50% of the total funds raised through the Gala.
- Used a lower-priced “Junior” ticket and “Junior Committee” to engage younger donors. Approximately 25% of the guest list is aged 35 and under.
- Designed a winning budget model that maximizes funds raised while managing expenses closely to ensure fundraising targets are met.
- Tightened the event timeline to deliver a fast-paced evening, with streamlined scripting and lively entertainment, which always leaves guests wanting more.