lululemon “Movin’ on up” Store Launch
To celebrate their Grand Opening on Manhattan’s Upper East Side, lululemon athletica tapped Bowen & Company to produce an unforgettable and inspiring fitness event in collaboration with SoulCycle “spiritual cardiotherapy.”
- Worked with Lululemon to conceive the “Movin’ on up” theme—a familiar nod to sitcom family The Jeffersons—who also made a big move to the East Side.
- Collaborated with Soulcycle to produce an open air spin class for approximately 100 lululemon brand ambassadors, spin instructors, and special guests.
- Secured permits and permissions to close down the corner of Madison Avenue and 85th Street to stage the event with maximum visibility.
- Produced “Movin’ on up” show, including all technical aspects, DJ, guest spin instructors, and a surprise performance by the Harlem Gospel Choir.
- Developed a healthy and delicious menu with a premier caterer, including Apricot Walnut Cereal Bars, Peanut Butter Banana Wraps, and Coconut Water in whole coconut shells.
- Produced a highlights video for use in marketing and social media efforts post-event.
Photography: Copyright Jon Vachon Photography