Soledad O’Brien + Brad Raymond’s Starfish Foundation New Orleans to New York Gala
Soledad O’Brien and Brad Raymond began the Starfish Foundation in response to the devastating effects of Hurricane Katrina. The Foundation is dedicated to getting young women to, and through, college by providing financial assistance, mentoring and wraparound support to help their scholars achieve their full potential. For newer organizations like the Starfish Foundation, events provide a platform for both raising awareness as well as raising funds. Bowen & Company was proud to partner with the Foundation to produce and grow this inspirational event.
- Revamped the benefits of Gala contributions (including sponsorship and ticket/table purchases) which in turn led to increased support of the Gala and the surpassing of fundraising goals.
- Integrated the theme of the event into all the creative collaterals, inspired by the architecture and jazz musicians of New Orleans.
- Worked with award-winning Chef Susan Spicer of Bayona in New Orleans to create a unique and delicious menu inspired by local New Orleans cuisine.
- Provided a platform within the program for Starfish Foundation scholars and mentors to share their personal stories, experiences with the Foundation and successes.
- Coordinated the solicitation and assembly of 300+ guest gift bags filled with donated items from generous companies, such as e.o.s., Aunt Sally’s Pralines, Edible New Orleans and more.
Photography: Copyright Getty Images