Start Over Smart: A Modern Divorce Expo
Bowen & Company produced New York City’s very first Divorce Expo, a 360-degree approach to helping people who are going through a divorce to “start over smart.” The Expo brought trusted experts and exhibitors together under one roof to provide attendees with guidance on their legal, financial, parenting, and wellness needs; not to mention tips on reinventing one’s life post-divorce with the Expo’s fashion, beauty, and dating experts. It was a landmark event for NYC.
- Worked with the Expo’s founders to conceive all aspects of the inaugural 2-day event at NYC’s Metropolitan Pavilion, from pre-event branding, messaging, speaker programming, and sales materials to onsite production, aesthetics, and guest experience.
- Identified and managed public relations firm to execute a wildly successful campaign that included coverage on NBC’s Today Show, The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and other major media outlets. Also, coordinated professional media training for the Expo’s founders.
- Managed the design, content, and build-out of custom website, with features including ticket sales platform, multiple guest bloggers, and data collection.
- Spearheaded sponsor sales campaign to secure and/or manage relationships with major partners, including Morgan Stanley, Macy’s, Sally Hershberger, and The Huffington Post.
- Secured and managed approximately 50 guest speakers, including keynotes: Today Show Financial Advisor Jean Chatzky, Celebrity Hair Stylist Sally Hershberger, and New York Times Best Seller Cheryl Richardson.
- Produced 2-day seminar in four theaters simultaneously, plus ongoing exhibitor and sponsor activation on the Expo floor, including an onsite Sally Hershberger hair salon.
- Produced Opening Night cocktail mixer hosted by matchmaker and reality TV star Amy Laurent.
Photography: Copyright Ken Goodman Photography