United Nations Global Compact 15th Anniversary Celebration
The United Nations Global Compact marked its 15th Anniversary with a historic celebratory dinner at Cipriani 42nd Street. Bowen & Company worked closely with the client to develop this inaugural event, the first time the organization had ever undertaken a Gala fundraiser. The UN Global Compact works with companies and stakeholders in over 160 countries to promote fair and sustainable business practices. This occasion called for a stellar program to honor retiring Founder Georg Kell, make an exciting announcement of his successor, as well as pay tribute to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and H.E. Mr. Kofi Annan. Over 700 high-profile executives and dignitaries from around the world were there to usher in a new era at the Compact, and the grand finale was an inspiring performance by internationally renowned soprano, Renée Fleming.
- Worked with the client to identify goals for this first-time event and developed a comprehensive event strategy to meet those goals.
- Engaged an experienced graphic designer and developed a unique event logo and brand identity, as well as positioning language, to market the event.
- Created sales materials and benefit packages for a successful corporate sponsorship campaign.
- Guided the organization through their first Gala solicitation: building prospects and solicitation lists, engaging key leadership for compelling and personal outreach, developing solicitation materials and donor levels, tracking responses, coordinating follow-up.
- Developed a winning fundraising strategy and multiple income streams which exceeded the $1 million fundraising goal.
- Produced a polished commemorative journal, which included an ad sales campaign.
- Integrated security and protocol measures into the flow of the evening.
- Directed an entertaining onstage program that included video tributes, live music, distinguished guest speakers, Livestream, and a performance by soprano Renée Fleming.
- Developed a VIP pre-reception that gave top corporate sponsors the chance to meet and greet with the evening’s special guests.
- Ensured that the UN Global Compact’s sustainability principles and international audience were considered in all event elements from menu to décor to printed materials.
Photography: copyright Kent Miller